This card is the second card I have created for the Altenew Educator Certificate Program Level 1 (AECP) and applies techniques from the class ‘All About Layering 2’. This class expanded my knowledge of layering stamps by practicing the principles from the previous class using various different stamp sets from Altenew.
For this particular card, I started by making a background piece using Altenew ‘Cube Cover Die’ adhered over a piece of pink ombré card stock. I used Altenew ‘Beautiful Day’ stamp and die sets to make the pink flowers and green leaves. I then adhered them to my background piece using glue and foam tape in a way that I thought was visually appealing.
The ‘Best Wishes’ sentiment is from Altenew ‘Dandelion Wishes’ stamp set. I stamped this onto a strip of white card stock and fishtailed the end. I adhered this to my card base with a small amount of glue but used a staple in the side as a decoration. When my card front was complete, I adhered it to a white card base. By doing this part last, the back side of my staple doesn’t show on the inside of my card.
- Altenew ‘Beautiful Day’ stamps and dies
- Altenew ‘Dandelion Wishes’ stamps
- Altenew ‘Cube Cover Die’
- Altenew Crisp Dye Ink in ‘Industrial Diamond’ (outlines of flowers)
- Altenew Crisp Dye Ink in ‘Frosty Pink’, ‘Coral Berry’ & ‘Ruby Red’ (large flowers)
- Altenew Crisp Dye Ink in ‘Sweet Leaf’, ‘Just Green’ & ‘Hunter Green’ (leaves)
- Pink ombré card stock (or you can make this using ink blending techniques)
- White card stock
- Glue, foam tape and staples
- Light pink marker (accent flowers)