I recently sent this card out to a long-time friend of mine who is soon marrying the love of her life. The floral background is made from a deco|foil ‘Clear Designer Toner Sheet’, foiled with silver foil using a Minc machine. It is mounted on an off-white pearlized card stock, which is used throughout the card as well.
The stamped image and sentiment are by Stampin’ Up! and the bride is colored using Copic markers. The photo doesn’t show it, but I used silver Wink of Stella glitter brush on the ribbons of the dress.
The sentiment was heat embossed for a luxurious feel and die cut using a My Favorite Things ‘Fishtail Banner’ die. The bride stamp was die cut into an oval shape and I used Gina K Designs ‘Stitched Oval’ dies to make a frame for it. I added another oval of matte silver card stock over this piece to make it pop. I think it goes nicely with the silver foil and pulls the whole card together.
Lastly, I added a strip of blue ribbon for a pop of color. This ribbon goes around the card and can be seen on the inside as well.
- Stampin’ Up! ‘Wonderful Moments’ stamp set
- Stampin’ Up! ‘Special Celebration’ stamp set
- deco|foil ‘Clear Designer Toner Sheet’ in a floral print
- deco|foil silver foil
- My Favorite Things ‘Fishtail Banner’ die set
- Gina K Designs ‘Stitched Oval’ die set
- Oval dies (mine are from Spellbinders)
- Matte silver card stock (I like Craft Perfect brand)
- Pearlized card stock (I found mine at Paper Source)
- VersaFine pigment ink or VersaMark
- Black embossing powder (I used Ranger brand)
- Equipment: Minc machine, manual die cutting machine (I use a Gemini), & heat tool