Another of my holiday cards! This one was super simple – the sentiment was cut from cardstock and the background was a ready to foil toner card. This one went to one of my kid’s teachers. I need a lot of holiday cards so the quicker the better but I love how this one turned out.
That flood of holiday cards I mentioned in my last post? Yeah, it will be more of a trickle. I am slow on the editing and uploading but have lots of cards to show you.
This card was made with mostly Stampin’ Up! products, including this gorgeous flocked vellum. The tag I printed with my home printer and foiled it in red using the Minc machine (the photo makes the red foil look black sadly).
This card was recently sent to my father-in-law for Father’s Day but it could work for many occasions. I used Stampendous ‘Build a Lighthouse’ stamp set for most of this scene which I watercolored using techniques learned from watching Art Impressions water color videos.
I started by coloring my lighthouse with a black water based marker, directly onto the rubber, which I then stamped in place onto watercolor paper. I masked it and added the trees and rocks. Next, I took a water brush and went over all my images to give them a painted look. Using marker, I added colored detail to the lighthouse.
For the water, I started by taking a straight edge to mark off my horizon. I filled in everything below that line with blue watercolor paint (I used Altenew watercolor brush markers). Using a white paint marker, I attempted to add waves.
Next, I added the light rays using some yellow tinted iridescent water color medium. In hindsight, I wish I left it the natural white color but I was too far into this project to start over. Lastly, I stamped some flying birds. These birds are from Dark Room Door ‘African Trees’.
I do not do much watercolor so there is definitely room for improvement. Nonetheless, I am happy with how this turned out. I didn’t add a sentiment to the front because I didn’t want to hide any of the art work.
- Stampendous ‘Build a Lighthouse’ stamp set
- Dark Room Door ‘African Trees’ stamp set
- Water based markers (I like Stampin’ Up! or Marvy Le Plume II)
- Altenew Watercolor Brush Markers or watercolor paint
- White acrylic paint or a white paint marker
- Watercolor paint brushes
- Iridescent water color medium (Wink of Stella would work too)
- Water color paper
- White card base
I recently sent this card out to a long-time friend of mine who is soon marrying the love of her life. The floral background is made from a deco|foil ‘Clear Designer Toner Sheet’, foiled with silver foil using a Minc machine. It is mounted on an off-white pearlized card stock, which is used throughout the card as well.
The stamped image and sentiment are by Stampin’ Up! and the bride is colored using Copic markers. The photo doesn’t show it, but I used silver Wink of Stella glitter brush on the ribbons of the dress.
The sentiment was heat embossed for a luxurious feel and die cut using a My Favorite Things ‘Fishtail Banner’ die. The bride stamp was die cut into an oval shape and I used Gina K Designs ‘Stitched Oval’ dies to make a frame for it. I added another oval of matte silver card stock over this piece to make it pop. I think it goes nicely with the silver foil and pulls the whole card together.
Lastly, I added a strip of blue ribbon for a pop of color. This ribbon goes around the card and can be seen on the inside as well.
- Stampin’ Up! ‘Wonderful Moments’ stamp set
- Stampin’ Up! ‘Special Celebration’ stamp set
- deco|foil ‘Clear Designer Toner Sheet’ in a floral print
- deco|foil silver foil
- My Favorite Things ‘Fishtail Banner’ die set
- Gina K Designs ‘Stitched Oval’ die set
- Oval dies (mine are from Spellbinders)
- Matte silver card stock (I like Craft Perfect brand)
- Pearlized card stock (I found mine at Paper Source)
- VersaFine pigment ink or VersaMark
- Black embossing powder (I used Ranger brand)
- Equipment: Minc machine, manual die cutting machine (I use a Gemini), & heat tool
Happy Birthday to my brother Matthew!
This card begins with a background made using Lawn Fawn ‘Stitched Cloud Backdrop’ (the landscape version). I cut this in blue card stock and brushed some white pigment ink onto the clouds to make them stand out.
I added die cuts from Lawn Fawn ‘Puffy Cloud Border’ dies to the bottom and then die cut the whole background again using LF ‘Stitched Rectangle Stackables’ to put a stitched edge all around my background. Lastly, I adhered this piece to a die cut from LF ‘Scalloped Rectangle Stackables’ set, made in grey card stock. The whole thing is mounted on a matte black card stock base.
For the final details, I used LF ‘Plane & Simple’ set to stamp, color and cut an airplane to fly in the sky above the clouds and I used LF ‘Happy Happy Happy Family’ to stamp ‘To My Brother’ in the clouds.
- Lawn Fawn ‘Plane and Simple’ stamps & dies
- LF ‘Happy Happy Happy Family’
- LF ‘Stitched Cloud Backdrop’ die
- LF ‘Puffy Cloud Border’ dies
- LF ‘Stitched Rectangle Stackables’
- White pigment ink
- Black ink
- Markers for coloring
- Blue, grey, white and black card stock.