Keep It Simple Sunday

I’m not sure if this will become a regular thing or not, but I’m going to call today a ‘KISS’ – Keep It Simple Sunday. No crazy layering, no coloring – just some pretty paper, a little stamping and a few die cuts. Here is this week’s KISS card.

On the front I used an orchid die that I purchased last year at Scrapbook Expo. I’m not sure the brand because I didn’t keep the package but I believe it was either Memory Box or Poppy Dies. If anyone recognizes it, please let me know.

Anyway, I started with a card base made from Stampin’ Up! ‘Very Vanilla’ card stock. I cut the orchid out of the front. From another piece of the same color, I cut another and glued them together for stability.

I layered some printed velum over the card base and glued the die cut onto the vellum right where the opening of the card base shows through. In this way, the orchid die lines up where it came out of the card base.

I finished the card front with a sentiment from Lawn Fawn on a Lawn Fawn wavy banner die and polished the look with a few gems from Queen & Co. (specifically white iridescent bubbles).

On the inside I used this stamp from Impression Obessions. It reads “Hope your special day blooms with love in every way”.

Total time for this project was under 1 hour (and I work slow). What do you think of this ‘KISS’ card?

Ruby Anniversary

Can’t help but love how this turned out! All the red is foil products by Thermoweb and Gina K Designs. I printed the words on pearl cardstock and ran it through my Minc for this clean and elegant look! It was cut to double stitched oval shape using a Gina K oval die. The only … Continue reading “Ruby Anniversary”

Can’t help but love how this turned out! All the red is foil products by Thermoweb and Gina K Designs.

I printed the words on pearl cardstock and ran it through my Minc for this clean and elegant look! It was cut to double stitched oval shape using a Gina K oval die.

The only part of this card where I experienced trouble was attaching the accent piece to the ribbon. I used a combo of wire and glue to adhere it to the bow and now I just hope it stays put. Next time I will use a button but that didn’t occur to me at the time.